[introtext]We can train you and give you regular production dates in our state-of-the-art 4-camera high-def studio. The studio is the place to produce a roundtable discussion, a performance with or without an audience, or town meetings for example. A 2.5 hour block in the studio costs $75.[/introtext]
There are usually two production slots on Monday through Friday evenings between 5:30 PM and 10:30 PM. The slots are mostly assigned several months ahead. Once you’ve met with our Studio Manager, you’ll be sent a form for studio reservations.
The Steps to Follow
1) Submit a Program Proposal Form online.
2) Submit a Producer Agreement Form online.
3) The Studio Productions Manager will contact you for a meeting.
4) If you have friends to help as crew, arrange to get them trained. We have custom workshops for groups of 6 or more. Otherwise look for an upcoming Studio Production Workshop..
5) Email or speak to our Office Manager(650) 494-8686 x 10 – to explore how best to reserve timeslots in our studio.
How to Get a Production Crew
It requires 6 – 12 people to make a studio program depending on number of cameras, use of teleprompter, graphics, phone call-ins, etc. We will provide a custom workshop for your crew – generally over 5 sessions of 4 hours each. Or you can recruit a volunteer crew from a list of volunteers who have completed our workshop.
Information about the High-Def Studio
- Hitachi Z-HD6000-ST1 Studio Cameras
- 4th Hitachi Z-HD6000-ST1 Studio Camera with a Jib!
- Newtek Tricaster 8000 Production Switcher w/Multi-Camera Green Screen Capability
- “Live Text” Graphics Station
- Video Disk Recorder with Multitrack Audio
- 4 ISO Video Disk Recorders (capable of recording ProRes)
- Soundcraft Si Performer 3 Digital Sound Mixer (with compressor on each bus)
- 70” Interactive “Smart Board” w/HD LED display
- Wireless Headset for Floor Director
- New Studio Floor